I used the food processor to break up the 90% (read: very bitter, not sweet) Valrhona chocolate I bought last month at Whole Foods. The food processor is not airtight, which we have previously observed with flour. It is also not chocolate-powder tight. That whole area of the counter and part of the floor were covered with chocolate dust.
I got about 2 cups of chocolate grounds out of the 1# block of chocolate, and added it to my 2c of heated cream. The result was really bitter, so I added .5c of maple syrup. I’m not sure which did it, but either the water in the syrup (which I should have reduced) or the super-thick cream (a local, organic cream I found at WF) or the powdered chocolate caused the ganache to seize:
I consulted my local chocolate expert and she told me that seized ganache is *not* the end of the world—often it can be saved. On her advice, I poured off the liquid and put the ganache in the refrigerator to cool as usual.
This morning, I was pleasantly surprised to discover a bowl of completely useable, tasty ganache in my refrigerator! There are a few marbled areas where I didn’t pour off all the yellow liquid fat, but they can either be dug out or mashed into the truffles as I roll them.