One of my favorite little cafés, 3 Little Figs, has an avocado muffin that is surprisingly tasty. I asked them, one day, if they had a recipe. The worker said “I think it’s just a basic muffin recipe with half the butter replaced with avocado”. That’s not much of a recipe, since muffins vary a lot in fat content, but
I had just one avocado, so I scraped it out into a measuring cup to see what I had. One ripe avocado gave me 5 tablespoons of tasty green mush.
I used the “sweet and rich muffins” recipe from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, with the following changes:
- I doubled the recipe.
- I replaced 5 tbsp of butter with avocado.
- I accidentally melted part of the butter.
- I used only 3/4c sugar instead of 1.5c
- 7 tbsp butter plus 1 tbsp for greasing the pan
- One ripe avocado, about 5 tbsp
- 3/4c sugar
Beat the sugar and fats together in a stand mixer.