And the winner for “best use for a root vegetable” is: oven-roasted beet chips!
This could not have been easier, and I keep wandering by and eating the chips while cleaning up. Pretty healthy, too!
- Some beets, sliced thinly. Thinner will be more crispy, but up to 1/4″ seemed to be ok. I am not very good at slicing, and they were fine. They weren’t even uniform. Edit: Actually, the thinner ones are a *lot* better. I may brave the mandolin next time. 1/8″ at the thickest for best results.
- Olive oil
(1) Coat a jelly-roll pan or shallow roasting pan in foil. Lightly coat in olive oil.
(2) Place beets in a single layer on the foil. Brush with more oil.
(3) Roast at 400F for 10-15 minutes.
(4) Optionally salt and enjoy!